The Women & Alcohol Information workshop aims to develop awareness among women of the specific physical, psychological and social harms associated with substance use/misuse, with a special emphasis on alcohol.
Who is it for?
Interested women, community workers, health professionals
To increase awareness and understanding of the specific risks alcohol, poses to women
The methodology includes a Power Point presentation highlighting alcohol impacts & harms specific to women, circle time discussion on cultural norms around alcohol in social settings, health implications and how women can reduce personal risk, become positive role models and look after their own well being.
Participants completing this workshop course will:
- Gain an awareness of the physical, psychological and social harms associated with substance use/misuse
- Gain an awareness of the nature and extent of substance use
- Gain knowledge about support and treatment services for substance users and families locally and nationally and how to access these services
- What do we mean by Substances?
- Categories of Drugs
- Women & Alcohol,
- Alcohol & Personal Safety
- Health & Pregnancy
- Alcohol & Diet
Includes: Workshop pack